A backlink is where your website shows up on another web page. The World Wide Web is made up of links. The more of them you have pointing to your website the more traffic you can potentially get.
So how do you get more backlinks? I say the answer to this question is to get them in as many different ways as you can. Here are 10 ways to get started with.
1. Article marketing. I have built up thousands of backlinks to my various websites using this strategy. It works.
Write articles around a targeted keyword phrase and submit them to online article directories. Be sure to hyperlink your targeted keyword phrase back to your website in the resource box of the article.
2. Deep link. This is a good strategy for driving traffic to web pages you have other than your home page.
You can develop backlinks by deep linking to these pages when you put a link on other web pages you have. You can also link directly to these pages in all of your marketing strategies including article marketing.
3. Blog. When you make a blog post you should bookmark it to social directories. I use Only Wire for this.
Search engine spiders these social directories every day. When they find your link they will come back to your blog which helps you rank on the search engine for the keyword phrases you are blogging about.
4. Blog comments. This is a simple strategy where you post comments on other people's blogs. Rather than include your name, list a keyword phrase in the name field. Then include your website URL.
5. Discussion forums. Join relevant forms and set up a signature file. Link back to your website in a signature file and every time you make a post you get it backlink. Do this on do blogs that provide do follow links.
6. Guest blogger. Write blog articles and submit them to other bloggers.
Make sure each article is unique and only submitted one time. Most bloggers will allow you to include one or two links in either a resource box or in the body of your blog article.
7. Submit Your Article. Use their patented Article Leverage program to send unique articles to hundreds of article directories. Your articles can also be picked up by other Internet marketers, ezine publishers, and so on.
8. Free Traffic System. Submit blog articles into their system.
You can include up to three links in the body of your article if you are a Pro Member and 2 if you are a free member. This is a good place to link back to inner pages on your website and develop a broad range of backlinks on other people's blogs.
9. Buy text link ads. Look for established websites or blogs that will sell you a link on their site.
10. Trade links. Find relevant websites that do not compete with you and place their link on your site if they add your link to theirs.
These are 10 possible ways you can get backlinks to your website, blog, and inner web pages. This is the best long-term strategy for developing ongoing traffic.
If you enjoyed this article by Jeff Schuman please visit his make money online website today. Join JV With Jeff for free and receive tips on how to make money taking paid surveys, affiliate marketing, network marketing, and without any experience or website of your own.