AVG Technologies has announced that it is currently working with Affinegy in order to fully integrate AVG’s Internet Security 9.0 with Affinegy’s DigiDo™ Platform. Affinegy are providers of intelligent home networking solutions to millions of broadband subscribers and this partnership means AVG and Affinegy will allow service providers to offer consumers the first easy-to-use and comprehensive secured Internet experience, whether at home or on-the-go.
“We are excited to work with AVG to deliver advanced, comprehensive desktop security across the connected home, while offering an easy, seamless consumer experience. As home users connect more digital devices to each other and to the Internet, this integrated offering will provide a complete solution for installing, managing, expanding and fully securing their digital lifestyle networks.” said Affinegy CEO Melissa Simpler.
With consumers becoming ever increasingly vulnerable to security breaches, the integration between the Affinegy DigiDo Platform and AVG’s Internet Security 9.0 is poised to offer unprecedented protection against this growing threat. According to the Statement, this will provide the following solutions:
- The real-time protection needed against malicious attacks that occur through seemingly harmless social networking sites and general Internet use
- A secure check of links before and during navigation with AVG Link Scanner to ensure the safety of Internet destinations
- A wireless security manager with network-wide encryption updates, smart profiles, and easy protection of the home router
- Automatically-managed, network-wide updates of home and desktop security manager, with the ability to check security settings for the whole home network and update all computers to the latest protections from any computer
- Easy-to-use, highly graphical user interfaces that intelligently guide the end user’s configuration and management of their network security and connectivity, both at home and on-the-go.
The new integration by AVG and Affinegy will be showcased in the CableNET pavilion during this week’s The Cable Show in Los Angeles from May 11 to May 13, 2010.