Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Essence of Leadership

Author: Lee Coates

Leadership is not about title, the size of your office, leadership is not about your house, your friends or your family. Leadership has to do with the power within you.

Leadership is many different things, different components, it has many aspects - It's a mental thing - a thought processes     - It's habits - It's the ability to take action - It's a system, a series of stepe - It's a philosophy

It's about leaving the world a better place than you found it at the end of the day.

But is it possible for a person of average intelligence and modest means to ascend the throne, to be a champion, to be a leader, or further still to be one of the "Great Ones"?

The answer is YES!

Average people become leaders every day. And the great thing is it's learn-able.

I'd like to share with you, this quote from a Robin Sharma audio. Here's What Robin says.

"to quote Nike "If you consume oxygen you are an athlete", So here is the answer to your question about leadership. Everyone on the planet who has a pulse today can show leadership. Because leadership has nothing to do with your job description; leadership is not about the office you are in; leadership is not about your house.

Leadership is about using the authentic power within you and going out into the world every day and leave things better than you found them. I think it is what leaders do.

When I was growing up my father shared a Sanskrit saying with me that I have never forgot and its helped me as I've built my career and built my business  and built my life. My dad said, When you were born you cried, while the world celebrated. Son; experience life so that when you pass, the world will wail, while you celebrate in heaven.

And I think really that is the ultimate definition of leadership and that is no matter what your station is in life, whether you are a taxi driver or a street sweeper or a CEO or a poet or a wildly successful entrepreneur. Great leaders project a power to always deliver what I call "Abdov" -  Always be delivering outrageous value, always  leave every person they meet better than they found them, they want to leave every client that they touched better than the first time they found them, they want to add value, and be merchants of WOW.

And to me that is what leadership is all about."

To leave every person, every client, every friend and every situation better than you found them.

Leaders add value and as Robin Sharma says - They Are Merchants Of  - WOW!

That's what leaders; that's what true champions are all about.

------

Lee Coates - internet marketing entrepreneur, coach and trainer. http://BecauseItsTheBestHomeBusiness.com is the place to go if you want to become an internet marketing expert. Do you have a product to sell, currently own a brick and mortar business or want to start your own new business? We can help. Come surf the internet marketing wave with us. We have the missing piece you are looking for.

Article Source: http://www.articlealley.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send in your feedback. I appreciate your visit.