Sharp Corporation is scheduled to introduce into the Japanese market eight of its models in the DX Series of LED AQUOS LCD TVs with built-in Blu-ray Disc recorders. The screen sizes range from 52V-, 46V-, 40V-, and 32V-inch.
This introduction represents the third in the series of Blu-ray equipped AQUOS LCD TVs, which feature next-generation LCD panels that employ Sharp’s proprietary UV2A photo-alignment technology and LED backlight system that enables precise control of light output to deliver superb image quality with a cinema contrast of 5,000,000:1. Additionally, these models offer high energy efficiency that results in the industry’s lowest level of energy consumption, with annual power consumption 30% lower than previous models. Adding the convenience, these models include simple and easy recording to Blu-ray Disc and playback of Blu-ray Disc and DVD titles amid more sophisticated recording functions, such as an extended recording time of up to 36 hours of full-HD video programming on a single Blu-ray Disc.
The major features include:
- Blu-ray Disc Recorder for recording and playback is integrated into the TV unit. Enables extended video recording time of up to approximately 36 hours of full HD video programming on a single Blu-ray Disc.
- UV2A technology and LED backlight technology deliver high image quality (cinema contrast of 5,000,000:1) and high energy efficiency with the industry’s lowest level of energy consumption (annual power consumption 30% lower than previous models).
- Comes with AQUOS High-Picture-Quality Master Engine and Preferred Image Sensor for automatically adjusting to viewers’ preferred image settings.
- Home Network function enables users to play back recorded programs on an AQUOS Blu-ray Recorder located in another room.
- Compatible with AQUOS Familink II that provides an expanded feature set and a wider range of supported applications, via HDMI cable connection to peripheral equipment and devices.